Thursday, September 18, 2008

collage! an underrated art

As I was sifting through the cybernetic art piles I found myself getting deeper and deeper into the surreal world of collage. I realize now that I have an affinity for this medium as long as it is done in the right way. I suppose its a touchy subject in the art world because it has the capacity to be terribly unfortunate in the wrong hands. So when we hear the word collage we might raze a brow at this lowbrow medium. Luckily there are those who know what they are doing and fallow in the footsteps of great Dada artist like Hannah Hoch, Using vintage images to create ironically surreal and sometimes humorous narratives. Though, not all collage that I like have the same political and social implications that Dada collage had, they still hold great beauty and design. I also love all things vintage so this medium is great for people such as my self who love to collect vintage things and get creative.
here are a few of the artist I found :
(click to see full image)

Eva eun-sil han : I particularly like this artist
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Eduardo Recife at misprintedtype.com
Photobucket
Photobucket

Hope Kroll
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Michael Mew
Photobucket
Photobucket

Gloria Vilches
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: